Monday, October 25, 2010

Christian Dior Fall Coutoure 2009: Gone w/ the Wind meets June Cleaver



I yearn for the days when women got alllll dressed up just to take a stroll through the park.  Equipped with the little white gloves and parasols.  Then, sometimes my little fashion spark pulls me towards the days where women wore pencil skirts with little white gloves and pill box hats.  Whichever way I'm pulled though one thing remains and that is sometimes feel jipped to be born after the women’s movement where they burned bras to free themselves.’ 
 *shrugs* 
I personally see nothing oppressive about dressing up.
 Dior's Fall 2009 Couture line must have been a personal invite for me to explore both specturms of my fashion desires and realize they weren't so different after all.  He remixed classic attire and made Couture look ready to wear. (at least in my eyes)
In my opinion he marries one of my favorite movies and shows Gone with the Wind  with one of my favorite shows growing up was Leave it to Beaver.  My older sister and I would watch it together and i always loved June Cleaver.  The way she was always immpeccably dressed and still managed to bake cookies for Beaver AND never yell at him when he did wacked out things.
I know it's a year later but this show inspires me to totally throw out my jeans and wear only dresses and skirts!
Now if I could just find somewhere to wear one of these beautiful gowns… to the mall perhaps??
Enjoy!

   Photobucket


   Photobucket

   Photobucket



  Fifties Fashion shoulder detail






























No comments:

Post a Comment