Wednesday, April 13, 2011

*Girl Talk...All day, it'll make your ears come HARD*




Because I consider myself somewhat of a mixtape (not rap though sorry) connoisseur  my ears have been invaded with the fabulous creation known as “Girl Talk”.  I stumbled across this treasure this past weekend while in the “Florabama” Orange Beach, FL a crazy lil’ town on the Florida/ Alabama line.  While bathing in the sun (hungover) from the debauchery from the night before my new good friend and go to girl for all things music Bethann played this mix.  At first I didn’t know if it was the sun mixed with the amazing Bloody Mary I was drinking to get my nutrients back that made me start dancing on the beach but when I got back to Atlanta and downloaded for myself I realized it was definitely a masterpiece!
It’s unlike any mix I’ve ever heard because the Pittsburgh resident Greg Gillis combines current chartburners with timeless classics…. Example Luda’s “move bitch” mashed with Black Sabbath’s “War Pigs”…. WTF Genius!!!
Here’s a “mash up” list JIC you want it but I HIGHLY recommend all you DAMES DL this it’s a perfect mix to get dressed to and PREGAME too J
Girl Talk “All Day” Mixtape Tracklisting

1. “Oh No”
* Black Sabbath – “War Pigs”
* Ludacris featuring Mystikal and I-20 – “Move Bitch”
* Jay-Z featuring Alicia Keys – “Empire State of Mind”
* M.I.A. – “Paper Planes”
* The Brothers Johnson – “Strawberry Letter 23″
* Missy Elliot – “Get Ur Freak On”
* Ramones – “Blitzkrieg Bop”
* Jane’s Addiction – “Jane Says”
* Cali Swag District – “Teach Me How to Dougie”
2. “Let It Out”
* 0:09 General Public – “Tenderness”
* Fugazi – “The Waiting Room”
* Electric Light Orchestra – “Mr. Blue Sky”
* Wale featuring Gucci Mane – “Pretty Girls”
* Beck – “Loser”
* GZA – “Liquid Swords”
* Snoop Dogg featuring Pharrell – “Drop It Like It’s Hot”
3. “That’s Right”
* 0:00 Rihanna – “Rude Boy”
* 0:21 Peter Gabriel – “In Your Eyes”
* 1:41 Spacehog – “In the Meantime”
* 2:44 Beyoncé – “Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It)”
* 4:03 Miley Cyrus – “Party in the U.S.A.”
4. “Jump on Stage”
* 0:00 Portishead – Sour Times
* 2:52 Radiohead – “Creep”
* 5:09 Iggy Pop – “Lust for Life”
* 5:09 Beastie Boys – “Hey Ladies”
5. “This Is the Remix”
6. “On and On”
7. “Get It Get It”
* 0:00 Lady GaGa – “Bad Romance”
* 0:00 Aphex Twin – “Windowlicker”
* 1:47 Rage Against the Machine – “Killing in the Name”
* 4:00 Daft Punk – “Digital Love”
8. “Down for the Count”
* 0:00 Belinda Carlisle – “Heaven Is a Place on Earth”
* 1:55 Michael Jackson – “Black or White”
* 4:48 Kylie Minogue – “Can’t Get You Out of My Head”
* 4:48 Young MC – “Bust a Move”
* 5:43 Usher – “OMG”
9. “Make Me Wanna”
* 0:00 Cyndi Lauper – “Time After Time”
* 3:39 Arcade Fire – “Wake Up”
* 4:41 Radiohead – “Idioteque”
* 4:42 The Isley Brothers – “Shout”
10. “Steady Shock”
11. “Triple Double”
12. “Every Day”
TO DOWNLOAD this “ear jizz” (thanks again Summer) go to:  http://lostinasupermarket.com/2010/11/girl-talk-all-day-mixtape/

Ciao DAMES!!
Xoxo
Pelar

No comments:

Post a Comment